Advanced Legal Research (3 hrs.)
- Law 267T (Class No. 1920)
- 8:30-10:00 a.m. M-F, Room 3025
- Instructor: Timothy J. Gallina, Clinical Assistant Professor of Law and Reference/Emerging Technologies Librarian
- Instructor: Leslie A. Street, Clinical Assistant Professor of Law and Assistant Director for Public Services
Income Taxation (3 hrs.)
- Law 280S (Class No. 1918)
- 10:30 a.m. - noon M-F, Room 4004
- Instructor: Patricia L. Bryan, Martha Brandis Professor of Law
Professional Responsibility (3 hrs.)
- Law 266F (Class No. 1919)
- 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. M-F, Room 4004
- Instructor: Jon McClanahan, Clinical Professor of Law and Director of Academic Success
Externship Program (5 hrs.)
- Law 402 (By permission only)
- Instructor: Maria Savasta-Kennedy, Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Externship Program
- Instructor: Janine Zanin, Clinical Assistant Professor of Law and Faculty Supervisor of the Externship Program
Registration class numbers are provided for UNC law students. Registration for visiting students will be handled by the Law Registrar.
Advanced Legal Research, Income Taxation, and Professional Responsibility will begin Tuesday, May 14, and end Monday, June 17. The final exam dates for Income Taxation and Professional Responsibility are as follows: Thursday, June 20, 9 a.m.-noon in Room 4004 for Income Tax and Friday, June 21, 9 a.m.-noon in Room 4004 for Professional Responsibility. There is no final exam for Advanced Legal Research. Monday, May 27, is a holiday for all classes. The Externship Program begins May 10 and ends June 28.
Students may register for up to two courses. Registration for a third course is considered an overload and is permitted only if authorized by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Tuition and Fees
$360 per credit hour for resident students ($1,080 for a three-credit course), and $665 per credit hour for non-resident students ($1,995 for a three-credit course). Tuition/fees are due Tuesday, May 7, for students who participated in early registration ending April 16 (electronic bills will be posted in the ConnectCarolina Student Center). Tuition and fee payments may be paid online or be mailed to the University Cashier, Suite 2215 SASB North, CB 1400, 450 Ridge Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1400.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. Monday, March 25, and ends Wednesday, May 15. To avoid a $20 late registration fee, all UNC and visiting students must register before May 14, and visiting students should allow sufficient time for administrative processing of summer school registration forms. UNC law students register using the ConnectCarolina Student Center. If you have questions about registration, please contact the law registrar's office.
Students who do not register by April 16 may be required to pre-pay tuition/fees or provide proof of financial aid prior to registration. The last day to drop a course online (with at least 1.0 credit hour remaining) and receive a partial refund is May 16. The last day to drop a course (with at least 1.0 credit hour remaining) and receive NO REFUND is June 6. The last day to withdraw from all classes with NO REFUND is June 13.