"Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly
." - MLK, Jr.
In the spirit of the national MLK Day of Service, from Tuesday, January 22 - Tuesday, February 5, BLSA will be holding a food drive on behalf of TABLE, Inc., a 503(c)(3) non-profit hunger relief organization based in Carrboro. TABLE focuses exclusively on childhood hunger. Every week TABLE puts healthy food, including fresh produce, directly into the hands of over 150 Chapel Hill & Carrboro elementary school children who would otherwise go hungry on weekends and other times of the year when free school meals are unavailable.
BLSA representatives will be on-hand collecting the following food items in the Rotunda during the lunch hour every Monday - Thursday beginning on Tuesday, January 22nd. Anyone who donates 5+ of the following items will receive a free MLK Day of Service t-shirt!*:
- Canned Tuna or Chicken
- Peanut Butter (14 oz)
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Canned Tomato Sauce
- Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Healthy Breakfast Bars
- Canned Beans - black or baked
- Raisins or Trail ix
- Packaged Healthy Snacks
- Low-Fat Granola Bars
- Canned Corn, Green Beans, or Carrots
- Canned Spaghetti with Meatballs or Ravioli
- Canned Fruit or Non-Perishable Fruit Cups
- Noodle Dishes (macaroni & cheese; boxed pasta)
- Pretzel or Goldfish Packets/ Graham Cracker Boxes
- Juice Boxes (preferably 100% juice, multi-pack)
- Non-Refrigerated Chocolate Milk Boxes
Please - no glass containers or over-sized items.
Please contact either Gina LeBlanc or Alex Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions. Many thanks!
*Sponsored by BarBri. Quantities are limited.