Arch T. Allen Distinguished Professor of Law
- J.D. (honors), University of Chicago (1984)
- Ph.D., Brown University (1970)
- A.M., Brown University (1968)
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University (1966)
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University (1965)
Michael L. Corrado joined the UNC-Chapel Hill law faculty in 1988, and he teaches torts, criminal law, comparative law and philosophy of law. He is former editor-in-chief of the interdisciplinary journal Law and Philosophy, co-director of the annual North Carolina Workshop on Law and Philosophy, and editor of a new series of books on comparative law.
During law school, Corrado served as articles editor of the University of Chicago Law Review. After graduation he clerked on the Seventh Circuit and then practiced law in Chicago for three years. Before law school, Corrado taught philosophy at Ohio University. He spent the academic year 1978-79 at the University of Michigan on an NEH postdoctoral fellowship.
Show All Publications
- PRESUMED DANGEROUS: LECTURES ON PUNISHMENT, RESPONSIBILITY AND PREVENTIVE DETENTION IN AMERICAN JURISPRUDENCE (Carolina Academic Press, forthcoming 2013).
- PREVENTING DANGER: NEW PARADIGMS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE (M. Corrado and M. Caianeillo, eds.) (Carolina Academic Press, forthcoming 2013).
Some Notes on Preventive Detention and Psychopathy, in HANDBOOK OF PSYCHOPATHY AND LAW (K.A. Kiehl et al., eds.) (Oxford University Press 2013). [SSRN]
The Evolution of Preventive Detention in U. S. Law, in PREVENTING DANGER: NEW PARADIGMS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE, (M. Corrado and M. Caianeillo, eds. Carolina Academic Press, forthcoming 2013).
Why Do We Resist Hard Incompatibilism? Thoughts on Freedom and Punishment, in THE FUTURE OF PUNISHMENT (T.A. Naedlhoffer, ed.) (Oxford University Press, 2013). [SSRN]
COMPARATIVE CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE (Edward Elgar, forthcoming).
PUNISHMENT, RESPONSIBILITY, AND PREVENTIVE DETENTION IN AMERICAN JURISPRUDENCE, (University of Trento, 2012). [KF9625 .C67 2012]
- COMPARATIVE CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW: A CASEBOOK (Carolina Academic Press, 2nd ed., forthcoming).
Future of Adversary Systems: An Introduction to the Papers from the First Conference, 35 N.C. J. INT'L L. & COM. REG. 285 (2010). [Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, SSRN, Hein]
Professor Fontaine and Self-Defense: A Reply to His Rejoinder
, 47 AM. CRIM. L. REV. 105 (2010) (symposium). [Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, SSRN, Hein]