The Pro Bono Board awarded the 2012
recipients of the Pro Bono Publico Awards at the annual Public Interest Celebration April 11. This year's award recipients included:
- Graduating Student of the Year - Erika Jones
- 3L Student of the Year - Lindsey Spain
- 2L Student of the Year - D.J. Dore
- 1L Student of the Year - Charlotte Stewart
- Group Pro Bono Project of the Year - Community Legal Project
- Faculty/Professor of the Year - Melissa Jacoby, Graham Kenan Professor of Law
- Alumnus of the Year - Martin Brinkley '92
Martin Brinkley '92, partner at Smith Anderson in Raleigh, is president of the 17,000-member North Carolina Bar Association and was the
co-chair of the NCBA’s first large scale Pro Bono project: 4ALL, where NC
attorneys volunteer time to answer legal questions for the public.
Award nominations may be submitted by alumni, legal organizations, or any member of the UNC Law community.
-April 26, 2012